Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Preview of Our February Technique Class

For our February Technique Class, we will be making photo cubes using jewel cases for CDs, an idea from instructables.com.  For this project, you will need to bring at least 4 photos for your project.   The quantity of photos depends on the size.  If you want to use wallet size photos, you may want to consider bringing more than 4 photos.  You will also need to mount your photos to the cube during class and will not be able to add them later so don't forget your photos!

Our February class will be held on February 19, 2010 at 6:00 PM in my home.  To RSVP for this class or to be added to my invite list for the class, email me today.  These photo cubes make for perfect Mother's or Father's Day gifts.  You can also make one of these cubes for the teens/tweens in your life.  Use some of their favorite photos and then load the cube with fun gifts and then wrap like an Easter basket.  It works well as a gift for any occasion or time of the year.


As a sample, I've shown the cube I made as a gift for my husband at Christmas.   You'll see two vies of this cube.  It was made with Garden Green card stock and Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper.  I picked Garden Green because it coordinates well with our bedspread and I intended for him to use it to hold his cell phone and change on his night stand.  I used photos of the kids and a family hiking trip.  You can also see stamps from "Define Your Life" in the photo.  I also made cubes for my parents, my grandma, Tim's parents, my sister, a few friends at church, and Tim's grandma. 

A second example of the cube is one I made for a Sunday School teacher at our church who is battling cancer.  I'm posting this particular cube less to show off the cube and more to request your prayers.  Please take the time to remember Sally and her family in prayer.  They need prayers and encouragement right now.  For this cube, I had all the kids at Sunday School make handprint flowers.  These are to remind Sally of all the hands folded in prayer for her and her family.  I will be working on a similar project for her parents who also need encouragement right now.  Here is the finished project. Sally's cube uses retired papers (Baja Breeze) and I used the "What Cancer Cannot Do" and a design in My Digital Studio.  I exported it to a jpeg and printed it at the local drug store.  As I've said before, I love the versatility of this software.  It allows me to create embellishments and journal text with coordinating images. 

As we get closer to our class date, I will post the detailed instructions for this project.  It is a rather involved list of instructions which I will post with the sample which will be more representative of our project.  For the February technique class, we will use paper from the new Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Pack available in the current Occasions Mini Catalog. 

Email me today to RSVP for our class.  Class fee of $10 applies and space will be limited.  As always, any attendee who places an order of $50 or more will save $5 on their class fee.  If you book a show, you can also save $5. Do both and your class is free!

God Bless and Happy Stampin!

Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment