Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Story - Why I Became a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

I think it is important for you to know why I became a demonstrator for Stampin' Up!

I first learned about Stampin' Up! when I was invited to a workshop in a friend's home.  Prior to that evening, I had purchased a few rubber stamps from other suppliers for various projects such as birthday invitations and holiday cards.  During that workshop, we made a Valentine's Card which I eventually gave to my husband.  I also ordered some stamps which I planned to use for future invitations.  At that time, I was definitely hooked on rubber stamping. 

Although I did not maintain a relationship with that particular demonstrator, I did eventually find a demonstrator who I did maintain a relationship with and I began hosting catalog shows on a regular basis and subsequently joined a stamp club with this demonstrator.  With each catalog and idea book, I always found a hostess stamp set that I thought would be perfect for an upcoming project which meant hosting a show.  The sets were normally Level II or III stamp sets so I needed a good show. 

Being part of a stamp club also exposed me to all kinds of online resources such as Splitcoast Stampers and Stampin Addicts.  By this time, I was nearly exclusively using Stampin' Up! products.  These sites often post photos and news from Stampin' Up! events including the 2008 convention.  My demonstrator, Shannon, had approached me several times about becoming a demonstrator and I had always claimed that I didn't have time to become a demonstrator.  However, as I was looking at the posts on Splitcoast about the 2008 convention, I felt like I was missing out on something remarkable and exciting, so when Shannon returned from convention, she got an email from me saying I was ready to talk about joining.

I joined in late October 2008, hosting my first open house in November.  As a new demonstrator, the first order you submit is eligible for a 30% commission rather than the normal 20%.  This allowed me to invest in the Big Shot, one of my favorite tools.  My first show was also over $400 so I earned an extra volume rebate as well.  In one show, I earned my minimum sales for the quarter.  As for finding customers, all those folks who supported each of the shows I hosted, are now customers.

I wasn't sure I would have time for my business, but I find that being a demonstrator makes me find time for engaging in my craft.  I no longer consider rubber stamping to be just a hobby.  I do indeed consider it to be my craft.  I enjoy not only the rewards that I receive from Stampin' Up! but also the rewards of sharing my craft with other people.  I delight in their excitement over a new technique or product and I feel proud to be part of that excitement.  Inspire.  Create.  Share.  Stampin' Up!'s statement has become an essential part of my life.

What about you?  Do you want to make paper crafts more than a hobby?  Would you like to earn 20% off all Stampin' Up! products?  Then join my Stampin' Up! team!


What is in it for YOU
1. A good source of income
2. A fun job where you get paid to show others how to make greeting cards and scrapbook pages
3. YOU get a discount on everything you purchase from now on!
4. You earn free goods on every order.
5. YOU decide when you will work, who you will work with, and YOU PICK your days off!

You can make your business as big as you want it to be.  It is all up to you and I'll be happy to provide you with all the resources you need to grow your business.


As a member of my team, you will attend all my events for free.  You will also get to be a member of the Design Team for my new yahoo group, Stampin' with the Creative Frog.  You'll also get access to events through my upline and you'll be among the first to hear the latest news from Stampin' Up!  Currently, Stampin' Up! is offering 15% off the starter kit.  This is well worth the money spent, full of ink, papers, stamps and even an option to add My Digital Studio.

God Bless and Happy Stampin'!
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment