Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Heart to Heart Punch Stain Glass Card






Here is another CASE of a card by a fellow stamper. Iliana Crouse created a similar card and I had to take a crack at something similar. This card reminds me of a stained glass window and I like how the use of the same patterned paper yielded a slightly unique heart each time.





For this card, you will need:

  • Heart to Heart Punch
  • Chocolate Chip Card Stock
  • Kraft Card Stock
  • Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Miscellaneous Designer Series Paper Scraps with Real Red - I used Merry Moments and Cocoa Speciality
  • Adhesive
  • Paper Snips
  • Fundamental Phrases stamp set
  • Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set
The first thing you will need to do is punch a series of hearts out of your Chocolate Chip card stock. I left my paper over sized until I had my punching complete, then I trimmed to the desired size for my card. Save the punched hearts to embellish the inside of your card (as you can see I did with the second photo). Then, just snip your Designer Series paper scraps to the size of each heart and adhere with adhesive creating a stain glass effect. Adhere strips of the ribbon to the top and bottom of your Chocolate Chip card stock. Then adhere to your card front. I added the "XOXOXO" sentiment from Fundamental Phrases. I wish I would have dug out the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to make my "XOXOXO" straighter, but live and learn. This is what I get for rushing my project in an attempt to make a "quota" for the day. Trying to make the most of my last day of vacation. Plus, I wanted to be sure I got this posted before the Holiday Mini goes away since today is the last day you can purchase the Cocoa Speciality paper.

You could also try this technique with the Boho Blossoms Punch or Trio Flower Punch. You could also use a combination of shapes such as the Boho Blossoms and the Butterfly Punch or the Large Star and Star Punches. Many of your the Big Shot Dies would also work well with this paper piecing technique.

If you particularly like the patterns available in Cocoa Speciality Designer Series Paper, today is the last day that you can place an order from the Holiday Mini. With the exception of the Sweet Treat Cups, My Digital Studio and Build-A-Bear product lines, there is no promise or guarantee that any of the items in the Holiday Mini will be carried forward into future catalogs. Contact me today if you'd like to place a last minute order from the Holiday Mini Catalog. You can also place an order online through my secure demonstrator website.

God Bless and Happy Stampin!

Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment