Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Father's Day Using the Briefcase On Board Journals

Sorry for being so sporadic with posting, our home computer is down and we are in the process of trying to recover. In the meantime, I've been testing some apps for my iPhone which allow me to edit photos, add watermarks, and then post. I'm finally ready to try his out. Let's see how it goes.

Last week, I shared a photo of the gift I made for Tim on Father's Day. My dad got a similar one and my father-in-law got a coffee drinkers variation. Now I'll share the details.

First the tool box version. Tim has a red craftsman tool box and I thought the briefcase on board journals could easily be adapted to look like a toolbox. To do this you need: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, Very Vanilla and Going Gray (I think) card stocks, Smooch Spritz, Briefcase On Board Journals, Brads, Round Label Punch, Versamark, Real Red Classic Stamp Pad,Teeny Tiny Wishes, and Totally Tool.




I wanted the appearance of depth on the raised area so I brushed the edges with Versamark. For the latch I sprayed the silver smooch onto the gray, punched it and added the brad.

On the back, I added some embellishments:



For the inside I did accordian style folds adhering each end to the front and back pieces for my tool box. I ended up with a total of six images.



Now for the coffee mug. Basically, I used all the same techniques. You will notice some new colors and paper. I used Marina Mist and Newsprint Designer Series Paper. Again, I layered and cut my cardstock to resemble coffee in a cup. I used Pun Fun to stamp the back.













-Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment