Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Chipboard Memory Book

A few weeks back, my friend Diana shared a cute little album she was working on using chipboard and long legal size envelopes. She shared the link to the blog where she found the instructions, http://followingthepapertrail.blogspot.com, but I was unable to watch the video so I decided to recreate by sight only. I had some chipboard pieces which measured 5 3/4 x 14". I don't think this represents the size from the inspiration piece, but I made it work.

First, I measured to the center of the chipboard lengthwise. I then marked it on one inch on each side of center. I scored with my paper cutter to allow me to open and close my book.





Diana clued me into the fact that the designer series paper tends tear along fold if too tight so I decided to add chocolate chip cardstock to the spine of the book. Before I adhered the cardstock, I scored it in the same locations as the scores on the spine.




After applying the cardstock, I used my Pinking Hearts border punch on my Greenhouse Gala Designer Series Paper and then adhered it to the cover. I used more Greenhouse Gala and Very Vanilla for the inside. I also adhered a piece of retired Baja Breeze striped grosgrain to the covers to tie closed my book.





Using my Crop-a-dile I punched two holes in the top and bottom of the spine so I could feed two large jump rings to hold the pages.











My chipboard was larger than the inspiration piece so I could not use envelopes. Instead, I cut cardstock to 10x10 1/2 scored the long side at 5 and 10 inches. This allowed me to fold and adhere the small 1/2 flap to create a long tube. I folded it evenly in half to create pockets which each hold a 4 1/4 x 4 3/4 page for journaling and photos.

To embellish both the pages, inserts, and cover, I used Baja Breeze, Peach Parfait, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, and more Greenhouse Gala Designer Series Papers. I also used Friends Never Fade and Teeny Tiny Wishes.























































Originally I considered using this for a convention memory book, but I think I will give it to my mother-in-law as a memory book for her mom. We lost Nana yesterday morning. She died peacefully in her sleep. To keep busy yesterday, I finished this book.

- Posted from my iPhones

Location:Port Angeles, WA, United States

No comments:

Post a Comment