Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Go Graduate!

Now for a very long, overdue post!  We have the living room floors in but are still working to get the family room ready and I just haven't gotten myself back together enough to get projects done.  I have three or four items to share so hopefully this week I'll get back on track!

My niece is graduating from high school next week so it was time for a graduation themed project.  This is the invitation I designed for her surprise graduation party.  So, don't tell her! 

For this card I used:

  • Go Graduate stamp set
  • Stazon Ink
  • Watercolor Pencils
  • Brilliant Blue, Basic Black, and Whisper White card stock
  • Silver Foil Smooch Spritz
  • Basic Black Satin Ribbon
  • Blender Pens
The card size is 3 1/2 x 6 inches.  I masked off the right side of my cardstock with a torn piece of paper and then used the Smooch Spritz to add a little splash of silver on the left side.  I stamped my mortar board, graduate feet, and owl using the Stazon.  After the images were stamped, I used the blender pens and watercolor pencils to "paint" my images. 

For the center black pieces, I sprayed Basic Black cardstock with smooch spritz, allowed it to dry and then cut to size.  After I used normal copy paper to create little tiny diplomas and tied them with small pieces of silver of elastic cord.  I glued these to the Basic Black. 

Once all the images were adhered to the front of the invitation, I tied a piece of Basic Black satin ribbon around the invitation making sure I covered the top of the graduate feet image.  On the back, we added the invitation information which was printed using the computer. 

God Bless and Happy Stampin!
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment