Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Gnome Birthday Party Favors and Cake

Tessa's Gnomeo and Juliet Birthday party was yesterday.  We had it at a local spray park so the kids got to splash in the water and play on the playground.  The party favors are a perfect example of plan B.  I originally planned to use the fancy favor box and the scallop square to create a fun little bag with a mushroom on the front.  However, my Big Shot stopped working (gears stopped turning) so I had to find another alternative.  But, before you are struck with fear that I will be without my Big Shot, I made a call to Stampin' Up!® to find out if it could be repaired and I learned that it was still under warranty so they sent me a new one which arrived 2 days after I called!  I love Stampin' Up!®!

So, instead of making a Fancy Favor box, I decided to just purchase red lunch bags and make bag tags for each one.  For the bag tags I used:
  • Real Red, Whisper White, Pacific Point and Lucky Limeade card stock
  • Swirls and Curls Verses (Summer Mini Hostess Set)
  • 2 1/2 inch Circle Punch
  • 3/4 inch Circle Punch
  • Scallop Edge Border Punch
  • White Bakers Twine
  • Basic Black Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Crop-A-Dile
  • Gnome Foam Stickers (from Oriental Trading)
To create the mushroom, I punched lots of Whisper White 3/4 inch circles and adhered them to the Pacific Point card stock and then punched larger circles using the 2 1/2 inch circle punch.  After that, I cut the larger circles in half to build my mushroom.  For the grass, I just used my paper snips to cut a wavy piece of paper.  I attached this to a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch piece of card stock which I punched with the Scallop Edge Border Punch along the bottom.  I stamped my thank you sentiment at the top.  Now that I had my little scene, I added a foam gnome sticker that I had purchased as part of the party favors.  After using the Crop-A-Dile to punch some holes, I tied it to our red paper sacks using the Bakers Twine.  Party favor bags saved!

Of course, I should share the cake that my husband created.  After looking at ideas online, Tessa requested one that was a log with little gnomes sitting on it.  My husband did the cake and I used gum paste to make the gnomes which my husband painted with food coloring.  Sticking with our Gnomeo and Juliet theme, we used red and blue.  I also used the Petite Pennants Punch, Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch, Big Top Birthday Designer Series Paper, and Bakers Twine to create a banner for the cake.


Our red gnome was standing up straight before we left the house but during transport to the spray park, he started to lean.  By the time we served cake, we weren't sure if he was sleeping or doing some gnome yoga.  Tessa was still pleased with her cake.

God Bless and Happy Stampin'!
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment