Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Soccer Scrapbook Pages & End of Season Goodies

Some of you may know that I am a soccer coach.  This fall I coached two teams- one for my 6 year old daughter and two nieces and one team for my two oldest daughters.  I really enjoy coaching and I hate to see the season come to an end each year.  As a gift to each player, I like to make a scrapbook page.  Today, I'm going to share the pages of you U7 team before I added the pictures.  I won't show the finished pages out of respect to the families.  I would normally also share the pages for my older team (U12 Girls), but I completely forgot to take photos before hand! 

To make these pages, I created a punch art frog for each page.  My frogs were made with Wild Wasabi, Whisper White and Basic Black.  I followed the instructions I found on Petronela Broadbeach Waters' website using the punches she listed and her photos as a guide.  I also brushed the edges of my shapes with Versamark ink to add some dimension.  I also used the same punch art to create some bookmarks which I will describe later.  Each page was made with a 12x12 piece of Daffodil Delight with accents of Wild Wasabi, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, Basic Black, Walk in the Park DSP, In Color Designer Series Paper Pack and Brights Patterns Designer Series Paper Back.  I also used a variety of punches and accessories.  In particular, I wanted to include a Bible verse on each page (we are a Christian Sports League).  For the Bible verse, I created the image I wanted using My Digitial Studio and then printed onto Whisper White card stock.  I punched out the verse and added to each page.  For the names, I used Schoolbook Serif Alphabet and Basic Black Ink.  You'll also see some soccer images.  These came from the retired stamp set I Love Soccer.  This is one of my favorite sets and I just can't let it go!  I like it so much that I have not taken the time to buy any of the other soccer sets.  But, if you need a soccer ball, the Goal set on page 89 of the Idea Book and Catalog.

Here are the pages, I'm showing 13 of the pages from the U7 team.  I made an additional 13 pages for my U12 team.






I also made bookmarks for each player.  I made my punch art frogs like I did for the pages.  Then, using my Table Setting die cut I cut the book mark by folding my strip of paper in half and then cutting without making the cut at the top.  I stamped a soccer ball toward the bottom and added a frog at the top.  I used stick on roll magnets for the closure.  Pretty sinking cute and players really liked them.


For our league celebration, we added the bookmark to the goodie bags (filled with granola bars, soccer party favors, water bottles and Kool Aid) and then set all the goodie bags up with a couple of the back packs that we got for the team at the beginning of the year.


Now, soccer is done.  Now, on to Thanksgiving and Christmas!  Soon, I'll be sharing some of my Christmas ornaments and decorations.  Fun!

God Bless and Happy Stampin'!
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment