Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 3: 10 Days, 10 Cards

It's day three, time for another card.  I'm throwing in a Valentine's Card.  This card is inspired by a project that Stampin' Up! TM featured in the demonstrator magazine, Stampin' Success.  I know I've mentioned this magazine before, but I have to say it again, one of my favorite demonstrator perks.  Full of great ideas and this one was no exception.  The original project was a full size wreath using larger hearts but I was immediately inspired to create a smaller version for a card. 

For this project, you will need the following items:
  • Petal Party Simply Scrappin' Kit (pink polka dot paper)
  • Card Stock: Real Red, Pink Passion, Pixie Pink, Rose Red, Whisper White, and Kraft
  • Ink:  Real Red Stampin' Pad
  • Accessories:  Pretty in Pink Grosgrain Ribbon, Brads, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Tools:  Circle Scissors Plus, Beary Lovely Sizzlit Die, Heart to Heart Punch, and Small Heart Punch
To begin, cut a ring by cutting a small hole and then a larger diameter circle.  Just use some scrap cardstock for this as it will not be seen.  Then, tie your ribbon around the ring as you would to hang a wreath on the wall using a bow at the top.  Set that aside. 

Second, brush the edges of your Whisper White with the Real Red ink.  Let that dry while, you punch/cut lots and lots of hearts using your Real Red, Pink Passion, Pixie Pink, Rose Red and Petal Party papers.  Grab your glue stick and start randomly placing hearts on your ring.  As you fill your ring with hearts, begin to layer and build height using your dimensionals.  This will help it pop a bit. The Beary Lovely die includes the letters to spell "LOVE" so I saved that when cutting my hearts and added that as a finishing touch to my wreath. 

Once complete, I used Stampin' Dimensionals to mount my wreath to the Whisper White.  To give the appearance of a wreath hanging on a wall, I added a brad at the top of the ribbon under my bow.  Last, I adhered to my Kraft card stock.

This card isn't overly mushy or romantic and would be well suited to give to a friend or relative.  Thanks for looking!

God Bless and Happy Stampin'
Charity

PS Let me know if you want to learn more about the benefits of becoming a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, including the wonderful Stampin' Success magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment