Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Saturday Night Fever



As you know, I follow a few Yahoo groups with other like minded stampers and someone recently posted a blog find featuring a Disco style build a bear. Since it combined two things I love- the Build A Bear die cut and Disco, I knew I would case Christi's bear the minute I saw it. Thanks Christi for the inspiration!

Here is my take, complete with disco ball made from some old scrap holographic sticker paper the kids had in their supplies.

I used the following supplies:

  • Whisper White card stock
  • Rich Razzleberry card stock
  • Cocoa Specialty Designer Series Paper
  • Basic Black card stock
  • Chocolate Chip card stock
  • Soft Suede card stock
  • Real Red card stock (mouth)
  • Tempting Turquoise card stock (eyes)

The card is pretty straightforward, make the bear and attach him to the card. The only technique is the disco ball. I cut two circles and then stick them together sandwiching a bit of silver elastic cord between. I then cut an extra piece of Rich Razzleberry to the size of my card front. I cut holes in both the card and the extra piece of Rich Razzleberry. I then taped my elastic cord ends to the inside front of the card and then layered the extra card stock on top- sandwiching the cord between the card front and card stock piece. It kind of gives the effect of a ball moving since it can spin a bit.

This card reminds me of all the times that my older sister and I convinced my younger brother to dance like John Travolta. It makes me smile. And, since I spent the last few days prior to making this card fighting a rather annoying cold, I needed a reason to smile.

God Bless and Happy Stampin!

Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment