Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Snowball Fight Bear!



Since I ordered my Merry Beary die on the late side and didn't spend hours and hours making Christmas bears, I wanted to find ways to use it outside of Christmas. My first thought- big fluffy snowsuit. To create this card you will need:

  • Merry Moments Designer Series Paper (or your favorite Designer Series Paper)
  • Whisper White card stock
  • Bermuda Bay card stock
  • Old Olive card stock
  • Season of Friendship stamp set
  • Best Wishes and More stamp set
  • Circle punch
  • Beary Merry Die
  • Stampin' Up! TM Bear Die
  • Dazzling Diamonds
  • Whisper White Craft Ink
  • Basic Black Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Adhesive

First, you will need to cut out the Beary Merry clothing in your choice of Designer Series Paper and the Whisper White. You can also use another coordinating card stock if you prefer. The Whisper White will be trimmed to get the edge pieces and trim for the snow suit. You'll also use the belt cut from the Whisper White belt for trim on the bottom of the coat. I then used the Old Olive to cut boots. After cutting the boots, I used some scrap pieces of Old Olive to cut out some extra hands to be gloves. Assemble your bear and clothing.

For the card front, I stamped several snowflakes using Season of Friendship. I used a torn edge for the snow drift. I then punched several circles to make a pile of snowballs. After gluing the bear to the card, I put one snowball in his hand. I used the "ready, set, snow" sentiment from Best Wishes and More in the upper right corner. At the end, I embellished with a bit of Dazzling Diamonds on the edges of the snowballs and along his feet. Now it is ready to send to your pal and start a snow ball fight through the postal service without your socks getting wet and soggy.

If you don't have an appropriate Designer Series Paper on hand, you can also run some card stock through your embossing folders to create a quilted look on your coat. This would also be a great design to add to a scrapbook celebrating a fun snow day with the family.

God Bless and Happy Stampin!

Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment