Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Sweet Puppy

 It's been some time since I posted a My Digital Studio project and I thought it was time to do a page for my dog, Laika Renee.  Yes, my dog has a middle name.  Do you know how you use your kids' middle names when their in trouble?  Same effect with a dog, I use her middle name and she listens.  :0)  I named Laika after the first dog in space, who traveled aboard Sputnik 2 in November 1957.  The literal translation of Laika from Russian to English is "barker."  Ironically, my Laika hardly ever barks!  I think we got the quietest dog in the litter. 

Laika is a pure bred Black Lab.  Her mother is a yellow lab and her father is a black lab, so she has a little white patch on her chest.  When the family told us about the 8 available puppies and that three had white patches, I knew I'd take one with a white patch.  The first pictures I saw of her showed her on her back all sprawled out.  She pretty much had me at "Hello." 

As I mentioned, I used My Digital Studio to create this page.  It will eventually become part of a family album and there will be some pages with her when she was little.  You can also create this page using traditional Stampin' Up! TM products.  Here is what you'll need:
  • Pretty in Pink Card Stock
  • Bermuda Bay Stripe (Closest Designer Series Paper is Thoroughly Modern)
  • Black Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Man's Best Friend Stamp Set (Fire Hydrant and "BARK, BARK" sentiment)
  • Cheep Talk Stamp Set
  • Modern Label Punch
  • Silver Brads
The layout and design is pretty straight forward. This is an 8x8 layout. I did not resize any of the elements as I incorporated them onto the page so they should be true size.  The journaling text is Segoe Print font.  I added the Bermuda Stripe as the background and then added the Pretty in Pink card stock as a page element, cropping to the size I wanted.  I used the Bermuda Stripe because it is similar to her collar design.  I picked the Pretty in Pink because even though I'm not a pink person, I think pink is a great color for Laika.  Just really looks great with her black coat.  However, my husband hates the idea of anything pink for our dog so she does not have any pink accessories.  Using Pretty in Pink was my way of getting some pink in my puppy's life. 

The modern label punch has Laika's name layored on top with a mat and shadow added to make it stand out on the page.   To do this with traditional products, you could select your font style and print directly onto your cardstock using your computer and then punch with your modern label punch.  You can also take a similar approach with your journaling if you like. 

I decided to use the "Bark Bark" sentiment since her name means "barker" in Russian. I just thought it was appropriate.  Plus, Laika is a really happy dog.  I don't think I've ever met an unhappy lab, but Laika is especially happy. 

There you have it, a project from My Digital Studio and my wonderful puppy.  Both are among my favorite things!

God Bless and Happy Stampin!
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment