Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Friday, January 8, 2010

My Matryoshka


Russian art and architecture has always held a certain appeal to me so when I saw the "My Matryoshka" set, I was immediately drawn to it.  I also like the sentiment that came with the set so it was one of my first purchases from the new Occasions Mini.  Here is one of my first cards using this set.

For this card you will need:
  • Kraft Card Stock
  • Crushed Curry Card Stock
  • Whisper White Card Stock
  • Thoroughly Modern Designer Series Paper
  • Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Sweet Pea Stitched Felt
  •  Big Shot and Top Note Die
  • Stampin' Pastels
  • Blender Pens
  • Dimensionals
  • Modern Label Punch
This card design is pretty straightforward, nothing too complicated.  I was working on another project using the Thoroughly Modern Designer Series Paper and I thought this particular Bermuda Bay print would compliment the Matryoshka very nicely.  I cut a Top Note using the Designer Series paper, folded it around the card front and then adhered it with glue.  I stamped the nesting dolls onto the Whisper White using Soft Suede and then colored it using my pastels and blender solution.  You can see I changed my mind at a few points resulting in a little overlap of the color in a few places.  I'll probably recreate this design and do better when I color it as that is the only part I regret.   After I colored my image, I mounted the Whisper White to some Crushed Curry card stock.  I also stamped the sentiment in Rose Red and then punched it with my Modern Label Punch.  I added some Sweet Pea Stitched felt embellishments to finish the card off.

Overall, I really like the design of this card.  As I mentioned, my only regret is that my pastel work is rushed and not my best work.  This is what happens when I treat a project as a task rather than fun.  Regardless, I do hope it offers you some inspiration.

God Bless and Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment