Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 6: 10 Days, 10 Cards

Day 6, time for another card!  This one features the Big Shot.  I enjoyed making snowflakes using empty soda cans so much that I wanted to try some other die cuts.  Remember, this can only be done with your steel rule dies and be sure to wear gloves to protect your hands.

 
I started with the Stampin' Up! TM Beautiful Butterflies die.  As with the snowflakes, they cut without any trouble at all and the edges were no longer sharp afterward.  Once I had cut the butterflies, I wanted to add some detail to the wings.  To do this, I decided to use my Texturz Plates (Stampin' Up! Backgrounds I).

 
For the remainder of the card, I used:
  • Melon Mambo card stock
  • Bermuda Bay card stock
  • Whisper White card stock
  • Bermuda Bay Patterns Designer Series Paper
  • Melon Mambo Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Bermuda Bay Stampin' Pad
  • Bermuda Bay Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon

 
For the card, I brushed my Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin' Pads to brush color on the edges of the Whisper White card stock.  I adhered the Bermuda Bay card stock onto the Melon Mambo card front and then layered the Whisper White to the top.  Using the Bermuda Bay designer series paper, I cut two additiona butterflies and adhered them to my card stock.  My card was ready for some butterfly bling!

 

To add bodies to each of the butterflies, I folded pieces of the ribbon in half adhering with sticky tape such that the polka dots were visible.  I added sticky strip down the center of each butterfly on the front and back.  After, I wrapped my ribbon around the butterfly bodies making sure there was a bit extra for the antennae.   I then used sticky strip to mount the butterflies on top of the Bermuda Bay designer series paper butterflies.  Here is a second photo the card showing the butterfly against the designer series paper.

 
This will of course be a card that requires hand delivery to keep the butterflies from being crushed and the added pleasure of seeing the recipients response!

 
God Bless and Happy Stampin'!
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment