Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Another Sweet Treat Cup Project



I wanted to show off the versatility of the sweet treat cups. Yes, they are designed to add some kind of edible goodie, but you can also use them to some fun versatility to your project, especially if your New Year's resolution is to watch your calories. Here, I've created a bit of a snow globe effect by adding simple glitter.






For this project, I used the following items:

  • Bermuda Bay card stock
  • Best Wishes and More stamp set
  • Whisper White craft stamp pad
  • Sweet treat cups
  • Chipboard letters, s - n- and w
  • Dazzling Diamonds
  • Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker
  • Stampin Dimensionals
I began by just stamping snowflakes all over my card. I then "inked" my letters using the Whisper White craft stamp pad. After the ink had dried a bit, I added some adhesive and Dazzling Diamonds to each of the letters. I then arranged the letters and the sweet treat cup onto the card front such that the sweet treat cup became the "O" in the word "snow." To add the glitter to the cup, I took off about 3/4 of the adhesive for the cup so that I could partially attach the cup to the card stock leaving an opening to allow me to add glitter. I just pulled it away from the card a bit to add the glitter. This works best if you attach your glitter cup before adding your letters, just check the placement of everything before committing with adhesive. I used dimensionals to attach my letters. Lastly, I used the "ready, set, snow" sentiment. I just used my marker to color only the "ready, set," portion of the sentiment.

Another use of the sweet treat cups without adding calories. :)

God bless and happy stampin!

Charity

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for January 7. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/ or visit our Blog Finds of the Day Blog at http://blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete