Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Friday, January 15, 2010

January Technique Class Review

I just wanted to share the fruits of our labor for January!  As you know, we used those wonderful sweet treat cups.  We used the circle ones, but don't forget, for a limited time, Stampin' Up! TM is offering these cups in a heart shape, perfect for Valentines!

For this project you will need:
  • Cardstock:  Real Red, Very Vanilla, and Soft Suede
  • Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Phrases, I {Love} Love Wheel, Love You Much (optional)
  • Inks:  Soft Suede, Real Red, and Chocolate Chip
  • Tools:  1 3/4" Circle Punch or Circle Scissor Plus, Small Heart Punch, Heart to Heart Punch (optional)
  • Accessories:  Sweet Treat Cups, 1/2" Library Clips
Using an approach similar to previous projects (follow the link for photos and further explanation), our candy hole is cut through multiple layers of card stock; the Very Vanilla and Soft Suede squares and then the card front.  The sweet treat cup "bubble" goes through the hole in your Very Vanilla and adheres to your Soft Suede, basically making a sandwich.  Then, by placing sticky strip on only three sides (bottom, left and right) of the soft suede, you create a pocket.  Then, using a piece of Very Vanilla card stock, you have a little door that slides into the pocket you created.  You can decorate your door with stamps, heart punches, etc.  I used a heart punched in Real Red using the Small Heart Punch.  You could also use Love You Much or other stamp sets to decorate.  This will be seen once someone eats up all the candy.  Prior to cutting the hole in my Very Vanilla, I brushed the edges of my square with Real Red ink. 

For the second square, I used the I {Love} Love wheel and inked just one section with Soft Suede In-Color Marker and rolled on my Very Vanilla.  I also brushed the edges with Real Red.  I adhered this to my card front in the opposite corner.  In the other two corners, I mounted some hearts cut from Soft Suede using the Small Heart Punch.  I stamped the Happy Valentine's Day sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes. 

Decorate the inside of the card using hearts punched with the Heart to Heart Punch and Love You Much stamp set.

For all the attendees in my class, I also made a goodie bag.  For those who RSVP'd in advance, I had monogramed bags available for them filled with yummy Valentine candies.  Just a little something special for my class attendees, some encouragement for the rest of you to consider joining us next time.  These bags were created using the Fancy Favor Die Cut for the Big Shot.  I punched hearts with the Heart to Heart Punch or Small Heart Punch to use as embellishments on the bags.  I also stamped the bags with a variety of current heart punches including ones from The More the Merrier and I {Love} Love.


And, as a reminder, it is Sale-A-Bration, the time of year when you earn free merchandise just for purchasing product and even more merchandise for hosting a show.  Did you like this project?  Consider hostsing a show where you and your guests can make a similar project.  As a hostess, you will be eligible for the typical  hostess benefits listed on page 11 of the Idea Book and Catalog in addition to Sale-A-Bration Merchandise for all shows with $300 or more in sales.  During Sale-A-Bration, you only need 6 guests ordering $50 each to achieve a $300 show.  Since everyone wants to take home free merchandise, it takes very little effort to get 6 guests to spend $50.  Contact me today to book your show!  Act fast, my calendar will fill up quickly and Sale-A-Bration ends on March 31, 2009.

God Bless and Happy Stampin!
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment