Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Kid Pick Designs - Phoebe's Choice

The second card for kid picks, Phoebe's choice.  Phoebe selected Wings of Friendship, a hostess set.  Remember, I had my typical supplies in front of me, but no stamps and I needed to create a card in less than a 1/2 hour.  In general, Phoebe's favorite color is purple so I knew using purple hues would be good.  Also, I've been seeing several cards combining purple hues with yellow hues, such as crushed curry so I decided to give it a shot.

To create this card, you will need:
  • Stamp Sets:  Wings of Friendship
  • Card Stock:  Elegant Eggplant, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla
  • Classic Stampin' Pads:  Rich Razzleberry
  • Tools:  Pinking Hearts Edge Border

This card is a pretty basic layout.  The interesting/tricky part is the little "lace" along the bottom of the image.  For this, I cut my Very Vanilla card stock to size and rubbed it along the edge of my table to "break" the fibers of the card stock.  I punched the edge and then did very small accordian folds to pleat the paper.  That was it, simple once you know the trick.  I glued that to the back of the Crushed Curry so it will peek out from the bottom.  I stamped my bird in Rich Razzleberry onto my Very Vanilla and then cut to size.  I intentionally trimmed off part of the image and then added an extra bit of swirl to the top left corner.  I wanted to fill the entire piece of paper.  On another piece of Crushed Curry, I stamped my flowers.  I assembled my card and then added a stamped sentiment and another flower on the inside. 

Phoebe's Review: "I really, really, really like it."

Tomorrow's card, Tessa's pick.

God Bless and Happy Stampin'
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment