Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 8: 10 Days, 10 Cards


We are in the final days of our 10 Days, 10 Cards.  Today's card features the My Matryoshka stamp set from the Occasions Mini Catalog.  I also used the Scallop Trim Border from the Sale-A-Bration catalog (which I earned for free on my last order).

For this card, you will need:
  • Stamp Sets:  My Matryoshka
  • Card Stock: Crushed Curry, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, and Garden Green (inside of card)
  • Stamp Pads: Basic Black Classic Stampin' Pad and Versamark Stamp Pad
  • Accessories and Tools:  Scallop Trim Border, Watercolor Pencils

I stamped the flower bundle randomly on the front of my card using the Versamark.  I used Basic Black to stamp the nesting dolls onto the Very Vanilla and colored them the watercolor pencils.  I chose to color them rather than watercolor the image because nesting dolls tend to have very vibrant and bold colors so I wanted that type of look for my nesting dolls.  I cut my Chocolate Chip to the same height as my Very Vanilla but slightly wider.  Then I punched the sides with the Scallop Trim Border.  I then layered the Very Vanilla with stamped image onto the Chocolate Chip and adhered it to the card front.   I added the sentiment, another flower bundle, and a small piece of scrap Garden Green card stock to the inside to finish off the card.

A very simple and easy card.  This would be an easy card if you needed to create a large quantity as the only real time consuming part is coloring the nesting dolls.  You can also completely change the look of this card by watercoloring the image with the pencils rather than simply coloring them as I did. 

There's day eight, simple and easy.

God Bless and Happy Stampin'!
Charity


No comments:

Post a Comment