Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 10: 10 Days, 10 Cards

Here it is, Day 10, our final day and the final card.  I was still feeling romantic after yesterday's card so I thought I would end our series with an anniversary card. 

For this card, I used the Level 1 Hostess Set from the Idea Book and Catalog, Love Bug.  I picked this set as my free set with my last order with the intent of letting the kids use it for Valentine Cards,  since we always do homemade cards.  This card started as another Valentine Card, but once I got the front done, it seemed more like an anniversary card so I stamped the Happy Anniversary sentiment on the inside instead.


Supplies for this card:
  • Stamps:  Love Bug and Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Card Stock:  Real Red, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip
  • Ink:  Basic Black Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Tools & Accessories:  Pinking Hearts Border Punch, Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Watercolor Pencils
This card is another simple and easy design. I stamped the love bugs on the Whisper White and colored them with the watercolor pencils.   I used the Pinking Hearts Border Punch along the bottom of my Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla card stock pieces.  I then layered the two pieces together and attached them to the front of my card.  Earlier in this series, I shared a card where I had gathered the ribbon.  I did the same thing with my chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon and adhered it above my love bugs.  I wanted it to look like a scrunchy bow rather than going all the way across the paper.  I stamped the "love bugs" sentiment on the front and then added the Happy Anniversary sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes to the inside. 

So, that brings us to the end of our 10 Days, 10 Cards Series.  I hope you've enjoyed them.  Leave me a comment telling me which card or technique you liked the most and you'll get an entry into my Stampin' Away the Winter Blahs contest.  Let me know what you think!

In a few days, I'll begin a four day series of cards using stamp sets picked at random by my children.  Yes, I was just brave enough to tell me kids, "Go to my shelf and pick any stamp set at random and I'll create a card in 30 minutes or less."  It was fun and I'm looking forward to sharing it with you. 

God Bless and Happy Stampin'!
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment