Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Reminder- January Technique Class This Friday



I hope you are all looking forward to our January technique class which will feature those fun little sweet treat cups. As a reminder, I thought I would share another project featuring the sweet treat cups. Here, I've made a frog, using his body as the base for the cup. Since I needed such a large circle, I had to dust off the old Coluzzle which is a discontinued product. I also used the following items:
  • Green Galore card stock
  • Bashful Blue card stock
  • Garden Green card stock
  • So Saffron card stock
  • Old Olive grosgrain ribbon
  • Whisper White card stock
  • Basic Black card stock
  • Rose Red Stampin Write Markers
  • In Color Stampin Write Markers
  • Soft Suede Classic Stamp Pad
  • A Flower for All Seasons stamp set
The frog follows the basic punch art recipe with a few minor tweaks. To create the frog, pick your favorite shade of green. You'll need one large circle for the body, one large oval for the head, two medium ovals for the legs, one small oval for the feet (cut in half), two small ovals for the front feet, two small circles for the eyes and two very small circles for the black part of the eyes.
Using the same techniques described in my January 1 post, I assembled the sweet treat cup and pull out door to access the candy. On the door, I stamped the froggy bouquet so it is visible on the inside of the card. I colored the image with my In Color markers. For the area behind the sweet treat cup, I simply wrote "ribbit, ribbit" so it will be visible when the candy is consumed.
Our January Technique Class will feature a project using the Sweet Treat Cups. Our project will be a Valentine themed project, and equally fun when compared to our amphibious friend here. The class will be held on Friday, January 15 at 6:00 PM in my home. If you would like to join us, email me to register or request to be added to my mailing list.
God Bless and Happy Stampin!
Charity

1 comment:

  1. Kelly- Thanks! My daughter was just asking me if I was blog find of the day again. I get to report back that I will be tomorrow! LOL

    ReplyDelete