Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Kid Pick Designs - Isabel's Choice

As promised a few days back, I'm going to be sharing with you four cards "ordered" by my children.  As I was working on some cards and projects, I decided to offer myself a bit of a mini-challenge.  I had papers, inks, tools and accessories in front of me, but no stamps.  I called each of my four children in one by one, asked them to randomly grab a current stamp set from my shelf and hand it to me to make a card.  My plan was to have a finished card within a 1/2 hour of their stamp selection and I would not look anywhere for ideas or inspiration- just create.  Today and the next three days, you'll see the results of this challenge.  We'll begin with Isabel's selection, Kind Words.




For this card you will need:
  • Stamp Set:  Kind Words, Whisper White
  • Card Stock:  Lavendar Lace
  • Designer Series Paper:  Sweet Pea
  • Ink:  Stazon Jet Black, Pretty In Pink
  • Tools and Accessories:  Paper Snips, Watercolor Pencils, Stampin' Pastels
This card is a bit tricky and takes some patience.  If you have the Sweet Pea paper, you'll have seen the pages with a group of beautiful butterflies flying mostly in one corner of the page.  This inspired me to very carefully cut around the butterflies creating a "frame" for my stamped image.  I cut just enough around the butterflies such that I could tuck the corners of my Whisper White in behind the butterflies.  I also cut a few extra butterflies and flowers from the same page to have on hand to balance things once my card was complete.  Once my proportions and trimming were complete, I stamped my image onto my Whisper White card stock using the Stazon.  Then, using my pastels and pencils, I colored the image.  Along the edges, I added a bit of Pretty in Pink using a sponging technique.  I put my image into my butterfly frame, gluing down all the butterflies and adding some extras to the right to balance things.  I adhered it to my card front.

On the inside, I used a few pieces of scrap DSP to embellish the inside.  This is the reverse design for the butterfly pages.  I also stamped my sentiment from Kind Words.

Isabel's review, "Cool, Mom."

God Bless and Happy Stampin'
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment