Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 1: 10 Days, 10 Cards

For the next 10 days, I'm going to share with 10 different cards with you.  The cards will cover a variety of occasions and techniques.  I will be donating some of my cards to our TLC ministry at our church.  Our TLC ministry is responsible for sending cards for special occasions, encouragement, get well wishes, etc.  Most of you know that making cards is my therapy.  I'm not sure it is cheaper than a professional therapy, but it certainly is enjoyable.  I encourage you to bring out your stamp supplies on at least a weekly basis and just create for the sake of creating.  You can set the card aside for when needed or find a group or organization that can make use of them.

Now onto the card.  For this card, you will need the following items:
  • Stamp Sets:  The More the Merrier, Cheep Talk and Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Card Stock:  Real Red, Barely Banana, Whisper White, and Bermuda Bay
  • Stampin' Pads and Stampin' Write Markers: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, and Basic Black
  • Tools:  Modern Label Punch, Beary Lovely Sizzlit Die, Watercolor Pencils, Small Heart Punch
I really like the little birds with the flowers hanging from their beaks and I wanted to carry forward that look to another part of the card.  I used my Stampin' Write Markers to ink my branch stamp from Cheep Talk and stamped it to the front of my card.  Using my Chocolate Chip marker and a straight edge, I drew my strings by hand.  Using the Beary Lovely Sizzlit Die and Small Heart Punch, I cut three hearts from Real Red.  I then adhered them to the card front at the bottom of my hand drawn strings.  For the birds, I picked three and inked only three of them so they would fit on my card.  I colored the birds with my Watercolor Pencils and then mounted the Whisper White onto the Bermuda Bay.  Lastly, I stamped the "friend to friend" sentiment on Whisper White and punched it with my Modern Label punch. 

Feel free to leave me a note or drop me an email if you have questions.

God Bless and Happy Stampin'!
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment