Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 9: 10 Cards, 10 Days


For day 9, love is in the air!  Today's card is a Valentine using some non-traditional colors- Basic Black and Melon Mambo.  I've been seeing this color combination on a number of websites (if I CASEd you, please leave me a comment and let me know, I'll enter you in my Stampin' Away the Winter Blahs contest).  I recall someone saying this color combination made them think of Victoria's Secret and I would agree.  Definitely a different mood with these colors than you get with the more traditional combinations used for Valentine's Day. 

You will need:
  • Stamps/Wheels:  I {Love} Love, Love You Much, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Card Stock:  Basic Black and Melon Mambo
  • Ink:  Basic Black Classic Stampin' Pad and Jumbo Cartridge
  • Accessories:  Basic Black 5/8" Satin Ribbon
  • Tools:  Heart to Heart Punch, Pinking Hearts Border Punch
To create this card, you will need to roll the I {Love} Love wheel across a piece of Melon Mambo card stock and then trim to size.  Cut a piece of Basic Black card stock and use the Pinking Hearts Border along the bottom edge.  Layer the Melon Mambo piece on top of the Basic Black. Tie the ribbon around the front of the card such that the bow is to the right of the card and then glue the stamped image on top of the ribbon.  For the hearts in the lower right corner, I used the Heart to Heart punch to cut the two larger hearts from Basic Black.  I also stamped the hearts from the Love You Much stamp set and trimmed one heart as  close to the image as possible and then glued it to the black hearts I had just punched.  This gave me more of a layered effect.  I glued this to the front with the second black heart on top. 


For the inside of the card, I stamped the Happy Valentine's sentiment from Teeny Tiny Phrases as well as some more hearts from Love You Much.

Once again, the end result is too feminine for me to give to my husband but perfect for him to give to me.  I'm thinking he won't have to stand in line at the card store this year, he can just snag a card out of my desk. 

I hope you enjoyed day nine!  Tomorrow will be the last card in our 10 Cards, 10 Days series. 

God Bless and Happy Stampin'!
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment