Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 5: 10 Days, 10 Cards

Can you believe that we are half way through our 10 Days of Cards?  I'm surprised we are already to the half way point.  I guess time flies when you're having fun stamping!


This card is another CASE of a card shown in Stampin' Success.  In the February issue, they challenged us to try some pop art on a card.  Pop art was introduced in the 1950's with Any Warhol being well known for creating some of the most familiar pieces.  Creating pop art on a card is a quick and easy, requiring no special technique.  According to Stampin' Success, here is what you'll need to do:

1.  Choose an everyday object- fruit, car, animal, etc.  I think a mostly solid image will work best for this type of design, but line art images can work as well.
2.  Use solid-colored card stock as your canvas.
3.  Select nontraditional color combinations for your stamped images and image backgrounds that you can mix and match.
4.  Keep it simple and clean.  Do not go overboard with the embellishments.

For my pop art card, I decided on the owl from Animal Stories.  Nice clean, solid image.  I then selected Real Red, Brilliant Blue and Tempting Turquoise as my ink and then color back ground.  I also cut three equal squares in each of these colors as well.  After I stamped my owls on Whisper White and then cut them out.  I adhered each of them to a square such that the background was a different color.  Then I adhered all my squares to another larger piece of Whisper White card stock.  In the remaining empty space, I added the sentiment, "so happy to have a friend like you" from The More the Merrier.

For my card base, I selected Kraft. I adhered a strip of Real Red onto my card front, layering a second strip of Tempting Turquoise on top of that.  The final step was to add my pop art canvas to my card. 

As an alternate design, you can also punch your three images, use die cuts or even three flowers from Flower Fusion.  Options that would certainly increase the ease of this card design and still yield the same result.  Give this type of card a try and see how you like it. 

God Bless and Happy Stampin'!
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment