Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Valentine Sweet Treat Project Sneak Peek

One of our first technique workshops for 2010 will feature the Sweet Treat Cups. These are presently available in a 1 3/4 inch circle and beginning January 5, they will be available in a heart shape, just in time for Valentine's Day.

Here is my first card, our January 15th Technique Workshop will be a similar design. I'm focusing on designs with red and green M&Ms since I had some left from Christmas.


For this card, I used Real Red and Whisper White. I used the Love You Much stamp set. The key to making these cards is to make them such that you can get to the candy with tearing apart the entire card. For this card, you pull out the white card using the ribbon and pull the candy out the hole in the inside of the card. The trick is to create a "pocket" on the inside of the card (or the outside if you prefer) by layering at least two pieces of card stock, both with holes punched in them. If you choose to use only two pieces of paper, you will need to adhere your cup to the outside top layer so your "door" can be pulled in and out of the pocket. It is also a good idea to stamp an image that can be seen through your sweet treat cup after the candy has been devoured.

My next card is a thank you card using my green M&Ms. I'll include some photos showing some of the step by step details.
For this card, I had three layers: the top Rich Razzleberry square, the Certainly Celery Card, and a second Rich Razzleberry Square attached to the inside top of the card.

First I cut a circle out of both the Rich Razzleberry squares. You need your circle to be at least 1 3/4 inches.
Lay your top layer onto the front of your card, and mark the location for your third hole. You can punch it the same size as your other holes or slightly smaller. I decided to go slightly smaller to allow more room for my cup to attach to the front of the card.






I used Pick a Petal and Crushed Curry to create a flower around the hole cut for my cup. I also added a butterfly and sentiment from Flight of the Butterfly. I just folded the tips of the flowers around the hole to the back side of the Rich Razzleberry square. I then attached my cup to the front of the card and adhered the Rich Razzleberry to the card front. On the inside of the card, I attached the second piece of the Rich Razzleberry using sticky strip on 3 of the four sides. I left an opening on one side to allow me to slide in a Whisper White Piece of card stock.

On the Whisper White piece of card stock, I stamped a flower center so it would be seen through the cup when the candy is gone. I lined it up by layering the Rich Razzleberry over it and marking with a pencil. I punched a hole in one side and added a bit of Old Olive grosgrain ribbon. I then inserted it into the pocket.

Once complete, I filled with my M & Ms. Now it is all ready to give to a friend.

The Sweet Treat Cups are only $2.95 for each package and there are 12 cups per package. These cups are available in the current Holiday Mini and will be carried over into the upcoming Occasions Mini.
To create one of these fun projects of your own, join me on January 15th for our class where we will be making a similar project. The workshop fee is $5. Email me to RSVP.

God Bless and Happy Stampin!
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment