Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Simple Cards Part II

Continuing the simple card theme, a few more cards that are a little more advanced, but follow the same clean lines and layouts. However, one of these add die cuts using the Big Shot so they require a little bit more of an investment than buying a few packages of paper. Of course, those of you invited to my Open Studio night on May 15 can have an opportunity to bring your own paper and make a few items using my Big Shot and dies.


The first one uses the Walk in the Park Designer paper featured in the Occasions Mini, the Stampin' Up! Little Leaves Sizzlit Die, Stampin' Up! Simple Flower Sizzlit Die, and the Very Versatile Stamp Set from the Occasions Mini. This card is a wedding card that I made for my recent craft show. I personally have not invested a great deal of money in stamp sets for weddings. I tend to choose stamp sets that may have romantic sentiments that I can also use for cards for my husband or as anniversary cards for friends and family. So, when I decided to make a few cards appropriate for weddings, I had to opt for something simple and versatile. The flower and paper did the trick. The Very Versatile stamp set is just that- very versatile. It includes sentiments for birthdays, thank you, wedding, and sympathy/encouragement. A very wise investment if you're phrase selection is in short supply.


The second card is also a wedding card and features the one bride and groom stamp that I own- from the Viola to Go stamp set. This one also uses the Walk in the Park Designer Series paper and the Very Versatile stamp set. I also finished it off with some Whisper White 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon.

These two designs would also work for an anniversary card using the same words on the front and just adding a simple "Happy Anniversary" on the inside.


Something to keep in mind when purchasing designer series paper, each page has two sides. As I was reminded by someone wonderful earlier this week, don't be discouraged if one or two of the designs in a package are not your "favorite." You simply do not have to use those sides. This was a bit of a "DUH" moment for me as there are a few of the more recent designer series paper offerings where I liked all but one design, prompting me to avoid purchasing the paper. A silly decision since I like all the other designs in that package. So, I'm going to offer a challenge to you and myself- take another look at ALL the Designer Series Papers. If there is one where you aren't thrilled about a few of the designs, ask yourself if you LOVE all the others, if so, think about getting it. I plan on doing this in the month of May, especially since paper is the special of the month. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment