The bigz dies shown on pages 196-197 and the originals dies shown on page 199 all cut through a variety of materials such as paper, plastic, chipboard, and as shown in this post, felt.
For these headbands and barrettes, I used the exclusive Stampin' Up! Beautiful Butterflies die (Item #114507) and the Build a Flower die (Item #113471). The felt is just normal felt sheets. I'm also considering trying this technique with stiffened felt to see if it works better for some of the thinner flowers in the die. After I cut several flowers and butterflies, I used embroidery thread to create the antennae on the butterflies and then I sewed simple buttons onto the flowers. In the first photo, I just show several of the flowers and butterflies before being sewn to the barrettes and headbands. The headbands are the simple, stretchy elastic ones. Plastic or fabric covered ones could also be used.
If you are a seamstress and you make dresses/clothes for your daughters and granddaughters, this method is also an easy way to create embellishments for clothes or to create coordinating accessories. This same approach can be used to create embellishments for blankets and quilts. The dies will also cut through standard fabric allowing you to create appliques by finishing the edges.
God Bless and Happy Stamping!