Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day Flower Pots

Just like any stamper, I frequent Splitcoast Stampers on a fairly regular basis and I've been enjoying all the various versions of the flower pot cards so much that I decided to try a few of my own. I created four of my own as Mother's Day cards for my mother, mother-in-law, grandma and husband's grandmother. And, since I won't get these in the mail in time for Mother's Day, I might as well post here and then they can visit my blog to see the cards. :-)


The first one is for my mom and also shows an image of the inside. They just pull right out of the pocket card. I covered the back with Designer Series papers and I was careful to make sure the leaves covered the brads through the centers of the flowers. To add the color to the flowers, I used my blender pens and watercolor pencils to gradually blend the color out from the center. The second image shows the one for my mom (yellow ribbon) with the one for my mother-in-law (blue ribbon). I used the same Mother's Day greeting stamp on the inside of each of the cards. This stamp is a retired stamp set.


The next two are for my grandmother and Tim's grandmother. I tried something different with my grandmother's and I like the effect so I might try that again in the future. Here I punched larger holes in the scallops and backed it with Whisper White paper.



I did alter the original directions found on Splitcoast because the paper I had was already cut somewhat smaller in length so I changed up the dimensions just a bit but it worked out fine. The original tutorial can be found at http://sluman.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2009/01/25/flower-pot-pocket-card/

These were pretty fun to make and I'm thinking of making up some kits to have available at my Open Studio on May 15th. I'd also like to try the same design with some different color pots and different flowers.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone, but especially the mothers in my life. My love to all of you and the cards are in the mail. And, I promise, this year I won't let Tim mail them.

God Bless!

Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment