Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Tessa's Preschool Graduation Invitations

I've finished the first sample of Tessa's invitations for her preschool graduation in early June. Tessa and I found a wonderfully cute idea on Splitcoaststampers from Alisha Kalua (http://www.simplyinked.net/) along with one by Janet Wakeland (Crafting Joy, sorry no link) using the new Sizzix Pop Up Ball. I loved the layout of the card holding the ball so I cased Alisha's design. Note, I only used one Stampin' Up Stamp (You're Invited from All Year Cheer). This stamp is retired. The other stamps are some stamps I've acquired over the years before becoming a demonstrator. I have several of these cute Chickie stamps doing various things (picking flowers, at the BBQ). Both the Chickie and the kitty face were purchased at a local stamp store here in Bothell. The graduation cap was purchased at a national retailer- dollar bin item. Stampin' Up! does carry a graduation set, but I wanted something more youthful for this invitation and Tessa likes the little Chickie.


The front is shown first. Tessa selected the color scheme for the invitations, Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery and Very Vanilla card stocks for the paper. The large Pumpkin Pie card stock shown in the photo was textured with the small polka dot Texturz plate. I used the Slit Punch to place slits on either side of the "You're Invited" sign so that I can run the ribbon through. The larger Pumpkin Pie piece is attached to a band of Very Vanilla that wraps around the entire card. This band and the ribbon hold the card closed.



To open the invitation, the recipient will need to remove the ribbon and then the band. Then, viola, pop up graduation cap, complete with tassel! In this view, you see the cap and tassel. I added photos of Tessa, an " '09", and her preschool's logo on alternating panels. I made the tassels using embroidery floss after watching a video on YouTube. The ball spins around because I used a brad to attached it to another panel which is permanently affixed to the card base.



In the next view, you can see the open card, looking down on the top of the cap. The graduation information is on the top panel.

To make the ball, I used the Pop Up Ball Die from Sizzix. It takes 3 6x12 sheets of paper to complete the ball and the top of the cap is a 4x4 square. The ball itself is put together per the standard instruction (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG13l6wq6NI). Once it is in the card, I just taped the top of the cap to the top octagon. Also, I wasn't watching the paper when I cut my Certainly Celery card stock so I ended up cutting it 6x12 and then folding to 6x6 so it is a bit smaller than the recommended size in the video from Stampin' Up! However, it worked fine, I just have to be careful when I close things up.

Imagine this ball in different colors with YOUR photos, then you are ready to attend my June 19th workshop where we will be doing pop up balls. Bring at least 6 photos that you are willing to cut and attach to the ball. You will cut your photos into a trapezoid shape to fit on the ball, I printed off wallet sized photos, but you can use standard size prints provided you can crop the desired image to wallet size. The pallet we'll use will be pretty neutral for the most part and suitable for a variety of occasions depending on the stamps and embellishments you add. The workshop fee is $10 per person. I'll of course offer my usual "discounts"- place an order of $50 or more - save $5, book a show, save $5, and do both, your work shop is FREE. We'll also be kicking off our perfect attendance challenge so you will earn a ticket for attending this workshop. Bring a friend for a bonus ticket!

God Bless and Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment