Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Friday, May 29, 2009

A Little Taste of Regionals - Scrapbook Project



When we arrived at the Seattle Stampin' Up! Regional Convention, we were provided with a folder full of projects to complete while we were there. So, I thought I'd share a few of the projects with you so you can have a taste of how much a Stampin' Up! Event can be.



First off, the Scrapbook Page. I'm going to show you what they told us to do- a scrapbook which could be used with a picture featuring fun in the snow. Since I had already created a scrapbook page using one of my favorite photos of the kids in the snow, I decided I wanted to mix it up a bit. I had a great photo of all four kids from May 2006 where they were all sitting on a big cement frog sculpture at a local park which I wanted to do something with so I decided I would use that as my inspiration for my page. The photo I had was smaller than the layout shown so I used some of the "Walk in the Park" designer series paper from the Occasions Mini as a mat for my photo. The resulting product is shown.


Since they were all sitting on a frog, I used the word "frog" instead of snow, adding a small piece of Pacific Point card stock with the word "leap" written in hand (see the insert below). As with the original inspiration piece, I used Best Wishes and More stamp set, but substituted the flower for the snow flake and just stuck with the white background of the tag.





Other than the noted changes, the elements and the layout are basically the same. If you are looking at a scrapbook page but can't see it working for you because the photo doesn't quite match your selection, consider sketching the layout without the photo or word, just block in the elements to create a scrap mat. Then, mix up the colors and sizes a bit to create something completely different.

Here is the recipe for the final product:

Stamps:

  • Best Wishes & More

Card Stock & Paper:

  • Bashful Blue
  • Pacific Point
  • Riding Hood Red Textured Card Stock

Ink

  • Pacific Point Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad
  • Basic Black Stampin' Write journaler
  • Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad

Accessories & Tools

  • On Board Timeless Type
  • Old Olie 5/8" grosgrain ribbon
  • Mini Library Clip
  • Clear Rhinestone Brad (Pretties Kit)
  • White Circle Aluminum Metal Edge Tag
  • Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Sticky Strip
  • Crafters' Tool Kit
  • 3/4" Circle Punch
  • 1 3/4" Circle Punch
  • Staples
God Bless & Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment