Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Kid Pick Designs - Liam

This is the final card in the Kid Pick Designs, my personal challenge to myself where I allowed my kids to pick a stamp set at random and then I made a card for them.  My train loving little boy picked Choo Choo. 

For this card, you will need:
  • Stamp Sets:  Choo Choo
  • Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Bashful Blue, Real Red
  • Designer Series Paper:  Sweet Pea
  • Classic Stampin Pads:  Basic Black, Crushed Curry, Brilliant Blue, Real Red
  • Tools and Accessories:  Heart to Heart Punch, Paper Snips
This card uses a few paper piecing techniques.  I stamped the parts of my train in each of my colors and then cut them out.  I selected a piece of Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper that most resembled a grassy hill and cut it shape, overlapping to achieve the look of rolling hills.  I glued my train on top.  I punched a heart using my Heart to Heart punch and placed that on the flat bed train car.  I used the smoke puff stamp to spell out I Love You in smoke. 

This became a perfect Valentine's Day card and Liam is looking forward to me giving it to him.  His response:  "Cool Mommy.  Is it for me?"

God Bless and Happy Stampin'!
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment