Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentines for the Kids

As I mentioned earlier this week, it has been a busy week of projects for Valentine's Day.  Today has been no different.  I'm finally finished creating Valentine projects!  Now to post the fruits of my labor.  Today, I will post the Valentines for the kids.  Tim is in charge of picking up a small goodie for them and I'm in charge of cards.  Two of the cards should be familiar as I posted them earlier.  Liam's card was made during my Kid's Pick series and Phoebe's card was one of the first that I made using the I {Heart} Hearts set.  I did alter Phoebe's card changing the sentiment on the front from "thinking of you" to "just for you."  I selected this card for Phoebe because she really expressed a liking for it.  It certainly fits her style, a leather and lace kind of personality.  Liam's as you know perfectly suits his love of trains, something in his DNA from his Poppy, my father.  I have to admit that his card is one of my favorite cards using the Choo Choo set. 

So, cards were complete for Liam and Phoebe, but I needed something for Tessa and Isabel.  Tessa had made a request of me on Friday.  She wanted a card with her favorite colors- yellow and orange- and her favorite animal- a cat.  The catch, the cat needed to be made using hearts.  Inspired by some heart animal art during the Valentine Party at her school and armed with the Welcome Neighbor Designer Series Paper and I {Heart} Hearts stamp set, I set out to meet her request.  The full list of ingredients is:
  • Stamp Set:  I {Heart} Hearts, Teeny Tiny Wishes (inside)
  • Card Stock:  So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie (textured), Very Vanilla
  • Designer Series Papers:  Sweet Pea and Welcome Neighbor
  • Ink:  Only Orange Classic Stampin' Pad


  • Tools and Accessories:  1/2 inch Striped Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon, Heart to Heart Punch, Small Heart Punch, Rhinestone Brads
I stamped my hearts the pumpkin pie zig zag stripe paper from Welcome Neighbor and then cut them out.  This technique would work better with a more symmetric heart so my cat is actually a little on the chubby side.  Use three hearts of equal size to form the body and head.  For the tail, I trimmed around the scrap paper at the point of the hearts I had trimmed.  For the head, I trimmed the point off the heart.  For the ears, I punched two small hearts with the Small Heart Punch from the Pumpkin Pie.  I then cut three smaller hearts with the Heart to Heart Punch from the opposite side of the paper I used for the cat's body.  I used two for the inside of hte ears and one for the nose.  I added two standard sized hole punched circles with black dotes added for the eyes.  The whiskers were hand drawn with a Stampin' Write Marker.  I layered my cat onto Very Vanilla and then Sweet Pea DSP.  I added a loop of ribbon attached to the corner with a brad.  The card base is So Saffron with hearts stamped using Only Orange.  The cat image was glued to the front of the card. 

Now for Isabel's card. At 11, I wanted to avoid cutesy for her.  I hope I did that.  For her card, I used:
  • Stamp Set: I {Heart} Hearts (mounted on clear blocks), Teeny Tiny Wishes (inside)
  • Card Stock: Pretty in Pink,Very Vanilla, Taken with Teal
  • Designer Series Papers: Sweet Pea
  • Ink: Pixie Pink Stampin' Pad
  • Tools and Accessories: 1/4 inch Striped Pretty in Pink Grosgrain Ribbon, Rhinestone Brads, Pinking Hearts Border Punch


To begin, I selected 3 of the hearts from the I {Heart} Hearts and mounted them together on my clear block.  This is one of the benefits of the clear mount stamps- you can arrange as you like on the block itself.  I stamped the images in Pixie Pink.  I layered this onto a piece of Taken with Teal card stock where I had punched the bottom edge with the Pinking Hearts Border Punch.  I tied a piece of Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon around the card stock.  On the front of my Pretty in Pink card, I added a piece of Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper.  Over that, I layered my images.

Tomorrow I'll share a fun box using the petal card die cut. 

Happy Valentine's Day!

God Bless and Happy Stampin'!
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment