Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Monday, February 22, 2010

That's a Whole Lot of Candles Grandpa!

My father-in-law is celebrating his 65th birthday later this week, a perfect chance for me to use the Sale-A-Bration Whimsical Words set.  The more the candles, the bigger wish, well, he has a really big wish coming this year, at least according to his grandchildren!

For this card you will need:
  • Stamp Sets:  Party Harty, Whimsical Words
  • Card Stock: Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay, and Whisper White
  • Classic Stampin' Pads:  Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay
  • Tools and Accessories:  Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
This card is very simple, but a little time consuming.  I wanted to stamp 65 candles on the front of the card and I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to help me line them up.  I stamped more candles in the first two rows so that I had space for the sentiment in the lower right hand corner.  I stamped the sentiment in Bermuda Bay onto Whisper White and then layered this at a slight angle onto another piece of Bermuda Bay.  This went in my lower right hand corner.  I stamped the little presents from Party Hearty using Bermuda Bay onto Bermuda Bay card stock and then cut around the presents.  I wanted these to pop up a bit but I was out of Stampin' Dimensionals so I used some sticky strip folded over on itself a few times. 

I think I might try another version of this design but I might tear the upper edge and brush it with some Chocolate Chip ink to make it look like the card caught fire from all the candles.  Lots of potential with this sentiment. 

God Bless and Happy Stampin'!
Charity 

No comments:

Post a Comment