Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Yellow Submarine

The more I look at the sweet treat cups, the more they remind me of portals in a ship or a yellow submarine.  So, here is the S.S. Lawson, a yellow submarine.

The recipe:
  • Stamp Sets:  All in the Family
  • Card Stock:  So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Bashful Blue
  • Classic Stampin Pads:  Soft Suede, Bashful Blue
  • Tools and Accessories:  Circle Cutter, Sweet Treat Cups, Circle Punch, Watercolor Pencils
To create your own submarine, you will need to cut a rectangle and then round the ends using your circle cutter (cut a 1/2 circle on each end).  Cut a smaller square and round the top two corners. Cut holes for the sweet treat cups in each end of the submarine and the top part of the sub.  Line up the submarine pieces and draw a light outline of the circles to act as a guide to stamp your family.  I stamped each of our kids in the lower sub portal holes and my husband and I in the top, coloring them with my water color pencil.  After, I sponged Bashful Blue all around the card front.  I then added the sweet treat cups on each of the windows and layered my sub pieces on top.   I cut some additional waves from Bashful Blue card stock, sponging a bit of the ink on the edges as well.  I added a periscope using my Basic Black and wrote the SS Lawson using my Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker.

God Bless and Happy Stampin!
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment