Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Monday, February 8, 2010

I {Heart} Hearts

The minute I heard that Stampin' Up!® would be donating $2 from the each I {Heart} Hearts stamp set sold to help earthquake victims in Haiti, I would be ordering this stamp set. This is a great way to help in Haiti. 

My set arrived late last week and this is my first card.  You'll likely see more cards from me using this set later this week, especially since Valentine's Day will be here soon.  I purchased the clear mount version of the stamp set and I must say, I find them to be very well done.  Better than other unmounted stamps that I have used. 

For this card, you will need:
  • Stamp Sets:  I {Heart} Hearts, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Card Stock:  Taken with Teal, Very Vanilla, Basic Black
  • Ink:  Versamark Stamp Pad
  • Tools and Accessories:  Pinking Hearts Border Punch, Basic Black Satin Ribbon, Black Embossing Powder, Embossing Gun
For this card, I used the medallion type technique with the border punch with the Basic Black.  I cut my card stock square such that it stuck out just a bit from the center of the punch.  I centered my card stock and then punched, I rotated it counterclockwise and repeated on the next side, continuing until all four sides were punched.  A similar technique is described in the Resource area of Splitcoast Stampers.  Later this week, I'll try another step by step photo tutorial.  If you have any of the border punches, take some time to play with it and see what you get.  You might discover some tricks here and there.

My card base is Taken with Teal.  I tied a piece of Basic Black satin ribbon to my card front.  For the image, I stamped my heart with Versamark onto Taken with Teal and then embossed in black.  I cut out the card and adhered it to the center of my Basic Black medallion.  I then layered this onto the Very Vanilla square.  I then adhered to my card front using sticky strip and added the "Thinking of You" sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  I also stamped the sentiment using Versamark.

Scroll to the top of the blog to read the details about the special promotion with the I {Heart} Hearts stamp set and how you can help earthquake victims in Haiti.  This special is only available until Feb. 28.

God Bless and Happy Stampin!
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment