Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Squirrel!

OK, so there isn't a squirrel on this card, but it is inspired by the movie Up and even though the dog, Doug, said squirrel about a million times, I don't recall actually seeing a squirrel in that movie.  This movie is a favorite of my family, we love the dog and have been known to shout, "squirrel!" at random mid-sentence. 

As I mentioned, this card is inspired by the movie Up.  I had heard that Up was nominated for an Oscar and as I thought about it, I decided that the Good Neighbor set would make a great card which gives a nod to a great movie as well.  Thinking of the balloons used to move the house, I created a house carried over the neighborhood and trees by a bunch of balloons.  This idea would be perfect for a card to let people know that you are moving to a new home.  Could also work as a birthday card- so many balloons, your house floated up and away!  As a fan of the movie, I hope to see it win an award on Oscar night.

For this card, you will need:
  • Stamp Sets: Good Neighbors
  • Card Stock:  Kraft, Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla, Assorted Bold Bright scraps
  • Designer Series Paper:  Welcome Neighbor
  • Classic Stampin' Pads:  Close to Cocoa, Only Orange, Tempting Turquoise, Brilliant Blue, and Old Olive
  • Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker
  • Tools and Accessories:  Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals, Scallop Edge Border, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Watercolor Pencils, Crop-A-Dile or Hole Punch
For this card, you'll want to use your Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to help line things up.  Start with your Bashful Blue card base.  Stamp a house and a few trees along the bottom in a monochromatic manner using the Close to Cocoa and Old Olive.  Leave an opening for your floating house.  Stamp some clouds in the sky with Brilliant Blue I stamped my colorful house onto Very Vanilla and then cut that out.  Adhere to your Bashful Blue such that is is floating over the neighborhood you created.  Punch out several balloons using a Crop-A-Dile or Hole Punch.  Glue your balloon bouquet above your house and then draw in a few strings with the Chocolate Chip marker.

For the scallop edge on the Very Vanilla, I measured my punch length so I'd end up with about the same "scallop" when I hit the corners.  I'll do a tutorial of this for you tomorrow so you can see detailed pictures.  I layered my Bashful Blue onto my Very Vanilla and then onto a piece of Welcome Neighbor. 

On the front of my Kraft card stock, I layered some of the Welcome Neighbor DSP and tied my ribbon around the front.  I then added my house.

There it is, a great "we've moved card," a birthday card or even an invite to movie night so you can all watch up!  SQUIRREL!

God Bless and Happy Stampin'
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment