Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!

Liam's birthday is coming up in March so I've begun work on party planning- designing favors, invitations, etc.  His choice for party theme: Disney's Cars/Race Car.  Stampin' Up!® doesn't have any current sets that I thought would work for a race car theme so I'm going to be relying on punches, die cuts, paper snips, and card stock.

Today's project was the party favors.  Liam and I both thought it would be fun to have a car made using the matchbox die.  Get it?  A matchbox car!  Our plan is to find a car to fit into the box and give that out as the party favor along with a few stickers.  Here is the prototype of our special matchbox car for his party. 

Since Lightening McQueen is Liam's favorite character, this car will eventually be made using Real Red, but my card stock is on order so our prototype was made using Brilliant Blue.  Again, this is our prototype so I will post the final version with full measurements and a template in a few days.

The ingredients for this prototype are:
  • Card stocks:  Brilliant Blue, Very Vanilla, Basic Black
  • Dusty Durango Stampin' Write Marker
  • Tools and Accessories:  Big Shot, Matchbox Die, Hole Punch/Crop-A-Dile, 3/4" Circle Punch
As I mentioned, I'll post a full tutorial and measurements later in the week, but I'll give you a little insight on how this guy came together.  I cut the matchbox and assembled per the normal instructions.  I created the top by cutting a piece of card stock to the same width as the box and then scored it so I could fold and glue to the top of the box.  Similiarly, I did the same to create a spoiler, trimming and cutting until the proportions were correct.  I cut the "whites" of the eyes free hand with my paper snips, starting with a piece of Very Vanilla card stock that matched the dimensions of the car front.  I punched two black dots uing a Standard Sized Hole Punch (retired), but you could also use the Crop-A-Dile.  For the wheels, use the 3/4 inch Circle Punch and then the standard size punch to add a Very Vanilla circle to the center.

Liam loves it and fortunately, I got the photos before he played with it.  Now, Tim will have the mission of finding a car to fit inside!

Come back later in the week for the tuturials and a sneak peek of the invitations!  Then, mid March, the full details of the party. 

God Bless and Happy Stampin'!
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment