Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Hula Bear


My oldest daughter is planning a luau party for her 11th birthday. Yes, a luau party in December. And, as you all know, the Lawson family loves the Build A Bear die cut from Stampin' Up!™ so we plan to incorporate our favorite little bear into our party plans.
We came up with a Hula Bear. This bear is cut from Kraft card stock. To create the grass skirt I cut a skirt using Glorious Green and the Beary Essentials die cut. I used paper snips to cut the slits in the skirt. For the swimsuit top, I cut a shirt using the Beary Essentials and Tea Party Designer Series Paper. I then trimmed the bottom and sleeves to look like a tank top bikini. Next, I punched several flowers from Tea Party Designer Series Paper and Glorious Green card stock using the Trio Flower Punch. I strung the flowers with seed beads onto thread, alternating the colors to make a small lei. I also added one flower to the bear's ear.
For the party, I plan to have everything pre-cut for the kids and then they can assemble their own bear. Soon, I'll post the invitations which feature surf boards made using Pick A Petal.
God Bless and Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment