Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Monday, December 13, 2010

On the 9th Day of Christmas Stampin' Up! Gave to Me

Nativity Punch Art.

My general preference with Christmas is to keep the Christ at the center of our holiday so I like to make decorations and ornaments that keep that focus on the true meaning of the holiday.  I decided to do a search on nativity punch art and found a few nativity scenes that brought me some inspiration for this particular ornament.  I've since lost some of my bookmarks so I no longer have all the links to give credit for inspiration.  If you see something similar to what you have created, please post me a comment or send me an email so that I can give you proper credit.

For this ornament I used my Big Shot to cut a Top Note from chip board and then I covered with Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper.  On one side, I used the portion of the DSP with the words "hope" and "love" on it.  I added a single rhinestone from the Basic Rhinestone jewels at the end of the "e" in love.  For the hanger I used Chantilly 1/2" lace, knotting the end and having it show on this side.  The knot looks a bit like a small rosette. 



On the other side, I added my manger. I used one of the pieces with more brown shades and then added some Very Vanilla with distressed edges.  To this, I added my manger.  I just cut my Chocolate Chip into the desired shape, adding two legs.  I created straw by cutting thin strips of Crumb Cake and then ran them through the Crimper.  To create the Baby Jesus, I used my Blush Blossom marker and colored a small section of Very Vanilla before punching out a circle using my 3/4" Circle Punch.  I then used my Versamark Marker and used my Gold Emboss powder to create a gold area to also punch with my circle punch using the 1 1/4" punch.  Using my 1 3/4" punch, I punched a large More Mustard circle to create my blanket.  I folded the circle and then tucked in the face with the golden halo behind.  Then I just laid the baby in the manger.  I added  a star using the Basic Rhinestones.



This ornament recently found a home on a friend's tree.  I really do like the design and hope to create some more.

God Bless and Happy Stampin!

No comments:

Post a Comment