Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Last of the Christmas Projects

I wanted to share the last of my Christmas Projects, our Holiday cards.

First, the photo greeting card that I created using My Digital Studio.  I like to make a photo greeting card for a few of our family and friends that I would normally give a photo with our Christmas Card.

Now for our Christmas Cards.  I failed to think through how much paper I needed and thought I had more on hand, so I ended up with two designs so I could make full use of my available materials.  Both card designs are very similar in layout and use the Rejoicing in Christmas stamp set.  I also used a color palette on all cards that coordinate well with the Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper.

The first design uses Early Espresso for the base of the card.  I used some Cherry Cobbler seam binding and gathered it as I adhered it to my Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper.  I just used Snail adhesive to gather the binding as I glued it down.  I embossed my image onto a piece of Cherry Cobbler using Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder.  I stamped my sentiment onto a piece of Very Vanilla card stock using Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pad and then punched it out using the Decorative Label Punch.  I distressed the edges using my Early Espresso Stamp Pad.  After that, it was just assembly time using some Stampin' Dimensionals.


The second design is similar to the first using a similar layout and the same Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper.  This time, I used Stazon and stamped the image onto watercolor paper.  I then used my Aqua Painter Pen and watercolor pencils to color each image.  I used Cherry Cobbler for the card base and layered my image onto a piece of designer series paper and then added a second matching strip that I crinkled as I adhered it to the card front.  As with the seam binding, I crinkled the paper strip as I adhered it to the card using Snail.  I embossed a star in the left corner using the Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder.  I added the sentiment to the bottom left corner using Early Espresso Stampin' Pad.

And the last Christmas project- a Reindeer Bag full of Christmas cookies (held by the lovely Tessa).  I rounded the top of a regular brown paper lunch bag to resemble a reindeer snout and then folded it over.  Using the scrap pieces, I made some ears that I glued onto the bag at the fold.  I cut antlers freehand from Early Espresso card stock and glued it to the back of the bag.  I used my circle punches to punch a nose from Real Red and eyes from Basic Black.  Around the edge of the nose, I added some Dazzling Diamonds.  On the eyes, I added a bit of white to complete my Reindeer.  This guy is holding a candy cane in his mouth because I forgot to put it in the bag. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
God Bless and Happy Stampin'!
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment