Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Monday, December 6, 2010

On the 7th Day of Christmas Stampin' Up! Gave to Me

 

Beautiful Designer Fabrics!  I've waited far too long to post about Designer Fabrics.  I LOVE the Designer Fabrics and I've really been enjoying making ornaments with them and I'm looking forward to making some more projects using these fabrics.  All the ornaments I've been making are CASE's of ones in the Holiday Mini or ones on display at Convention. 

For all of these ornaments, my general approach was to apply Fabric Adhesive to my fabric and then sandwich some quilt batting between two pieces and iron it to seal.  I then cut out my ornament using the Scallop Square die cut.  I sewed the edges together and embellished using fabric pieces cut with Tasteful Trim or Circles Die and Big Designer Buttons or Vintage Brads.  I also used some wire to make some hangers, the Naturally Serif die cut for some felt letters to add to one of the ornaments and even some miscellaneous beads from my craft box.  The photos in this post are just a small sampling of the ornaments I've been making.  Like I've said, I've really enjoyed making these ornaments and I've been trying  a variety of embellishments.

In addition to the Scallop Square ornaments, I've also used my Circles Die Cut to create a large circle and sewed two together sandwiching Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon and Crochet Trim.

I've also been working on a few using the Top Note punch which I'll have to share later in the month.  I must say, these do make great additions to your Christmas Tree and I do plan to make some more to use for gifts this holiday season in addition to the ones on my Stampin' Up! Tree.


God Bless and Happy Stampin'!
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment