Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

On the 12th Day of Christmas, Stampin' Up! Gave to Me

Stamps of course.

For the twelve day, I've saved one of my favorite techniques.  Stamping on bakable clay.  I think I like this technique because it is so simple, yet beautiful.  Also, it is one of the first techniques I did with a rubber stamp.  Years ago, our church decided to give out Christmas Ornaments to visitors during Advent and I found instructions online to stamp onto unbaked clay to create an ornament.  These made nice ornaments because they aren't overly fragile which makes transport a little easier and they are very easy to make.

To make these ornaments, I used a pasta machine to roll out my clay.  I used Fimo but any of the baking clays will work ok.  Lighter ones tend to work best.  I've also found that line art stamps work well.  Once the clay is rolled out, you simply stamp using normal ink right onto the clay.  After, I cut to shape.  You can use a cookie cutter or a knife around the image, whichever you prefer.  Add a hole to the top to add ribbon or hemp twine for the hanger and then bake according to the manufacturer's instructions.  Allow to cool completely before handling and then add ribbon or twine as a hanger. 

For the ones shown here, I used Real Red 3/8" grosgrain ribbon and Hemp twine as my hanger.  For my stamped images I used Northern Hearts and Rejoicing Christmas.  For the Holy Family I used Chocolate Chip ink and for the snowflake I used Marina Mist. 

God Bless and Happy Stampin!

Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment