Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

On the 10th Day of Christmas Stampin' Up Gave to Me

More Punch Art Favorites.

For this ornament, I went with a simple and common Santa Punch art for the design.  I again used the Top Note but this time I used Candy Cane Lane paper to cover the chipboard.  Unfortunately, this Designer Series Paper is no longer available, but you can use the Candy Cane Lane fabrics which has three of the paper designs, as a substitute. 

As with my Nativity Punch Art Ornament, I found inspiration online for this Santa but have since lost my bookmarks, so if I've CASE'd your design, please email me so that I can give you proper credit!

Both sides were covered with the paper.  On one side, I used my Naturally Serif die cut and used the letters to spell out "Ho! Ho! Ho!"  I used silver floral wire to create my hanger and I tied some small strips of Candy Cane Lane Fabric to the hanger. 




For the santa, I used the following punches:
  • Scallop Circle
  • 1 3/8 Inch Circle Punch
  • Crop A Dile (Large Circle)
To create the Santa, I cut a triangle in Real Red that was slightly larger than my head along with a rectangle in Whisper White.  The rectangle is not as long as the edge of the triangle such that when one edge of the rectange is lined u
p with the point of the triangle, it looks like the point of the hat is folded over.  I used my Crop-A-Dile to create a small little puff ball at the end of the hat using Whisper White.  For the face.  I punched a 1 3/8" circle from Very Vanilla that I colored with my Blush Blossom marker.  I used a pink marker to create rosy cheeks.  For the beard, I punched a scalloped circle from Whisper White and then trimmed part of the top off and glued it back on, scallops down, to create the mustache.  I added a nose punched with the Crop-A-Dile, also colored with the Blush Blossom marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment