Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Friday, March 19, 2010

R is for Rocket

The minute I saw the R is for Rocket in the Nursery Alphabet Decor Elements, I knew that I would be buying several for baby gifts.  Two co-workers recently had new babies and our family welcomed a new baby girl (my niece Molly). 

I purchased the R is for Rocket in Chocolate Chip and then added them to canvas boards.  The boards were less than 1/4" thick which worked perfect and came in a package of 3 for less than $5.  I purchased the canvas boards at a local craft store and painted them with acrylic craft paint.  I tried to choose colors similar to Stampin' Up!® color families and then made coordinating cards. 

For the wall hangings, you'll need your favorite letter from the Nursery Alphabet Decor Elements, coordinating ribbon, paints, thin painting canvases, and your Crop-A-Dile to punch holes.  Simply paint your surface, apply your Decor Element following the directions included in the package, punch holes and add your ribbon to hang on the wall.

For each gift, I added a coordinating card using card stock and the rocket stamp from the Pun Fun stamp set.  I stamped the rocket on Very Vanilla and then punched it with the 1 3/4" punch coloring it with my In Color Markers or Watercolor Pencils. 

For the girl card, I used Melon Mambo and Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper.  I randomly colored a few of the dots on the Designer Series Paper with my Melon Mambo marker.  The coordinating stamps are Vintage Labels and Teeny Tiny Wishes. 

For the boy card, I used Welcome Neighbor Designer Series Paper and Bashful Blue card stock.  I also used Teeny Tiny Wishes for the sentiment.

These gifts were super easy but packed a lot of punch, especially at work with a bunch of rocket scientists.  You can make these gifts personal for the recipient by picking the letter of the first or last name or a picture that is near or dear to their heart, like I did.  They were also very affordable, less than $10 per gift. 

God Bless and Happy Stampin'!
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment