Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Liam's Cars Party

I thought I'd take some time to share photos of Liam's party- a Car's Theme party.  I've previously posted the party invitations and favors, so today I'll share some information about the party itself.  Beginning with the cake.  His cake was a replica of the dirt track race between McQueen and Doc.  I saw a similar cake on Coolest Birthday Cakes but since Liam thinks the funniest part is McQueen going over the edge into the cactus and Mater fishing him out.  So, that is what we created.  Liam loved it and it was actually a pretty easy cake.  I wanted to use more characters but we had trouble finding some. 

For decorations, I printed off coloring pages and colored to match the characters.  I also made up a bunch of road signs including one that said, "Welcome to Radiator Springs, Gateway to Liam's 4th Birthday Party."  I also made mini signs that I punched with a circle punch and sprinkled on the table.  I cut out the characters and arranged them on my china hutch with the Radiator Springs sign.  Liam really liked this.

For activities, we kept it simple.  Our party crowd was mostly 2-4 year olds which makes organized games rather challenging.  As they arrived they went to Ramone's Body Art for face painting, most of the older kids seemed to like this.  I also had some orange soccer cones out in the living room with Liam's Hot Wheel cars all around for them to just have some free play.  I created a sign with Sally on it which said "Welcome to the Cozy Cone."  My husband found an inflatable Tow Mater Tool Toss game at the party store so we had it set up for the kids to play.  The final activity was making a license plate at Lizzie's Curio Shop.  I just cut poster board to 3x7 inch size and put out lots of foam letters, shapes and Cars stickers for them.

At the end of the party, each guest got to pick either a Mater or McQueen matchbox car filled with a small race car, stickers and temporary tattoos.  This was a BIG hit.  Check out my last post for more information on making your own.

Pretty easy party, he got lots of car related toys.  Later, I'll upload pictures of the card I made using a Sale-A-Bration set and a paper piecing technique.  And, as you can tell by the photos, he was a happy little boy.  He was also very tired at the end of the day.  He's already made his request for next year, an airplane party. 



God Bless and Happy Stampin!
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment