Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Burnt Birthday Card

This card is inspired/CASEd from several others that I've seen previously, even retail ones where it looks like the card caught on fire because of the number of candles.  Whenever I see the Whimsical Words set and the sentiment, "The more the candles, the bigger the wish," I think of those cards.  So, I decided to come up with my own version.  For my version of this card, I used:
  • StampSets:  Party Hearty, Whimsical Words
  • Card Stock:  Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla
  • Inks:  Versamark, Dusty Durango Classic Stampin' Pad, Basic Black Classic Stampin' Pad
To create the card I first used the Versamark to stamp candles all over the card front.  Then, I tore a portion of the top corner off and rubbed the edges of the card with my Basic Black.  I did the same with a piece of Very Vanilla using Dusty Durango and then layered that on the card with a piece of Crushed Curry.  In the lower corner I layered a piece of Very Vanilla stamped with my sentiment onto the Crushed Curry.  This finished up my card.

God Bless and Happy Stampin'!
Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment