Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Butterfly Hugs and Kisses

This is a card that I made to cheer up a friend having a bad day.  I wanted something that said spring so I used soft subtles and butterflies.  I also wanted to use my new Embosslits Butterfly Die from the Occasions Mini.  It had been on backorder and arrived on Monday.  This is a fun die!  I really like the way it turned out and I think it cheered my friend up as well.

The ingredients for this card are:
  • Cardstock:  So Saffron, Lavendar Lace, Very Vanilla
  • Designer Series Paper:  Sweet Pea, Welcome Neighbor
  • Stamp Set:  Of the Earth
  • Classic Stampin' Pads:  Barely Banana, Pretty in Pink, Lavendar Lace
  • Tools & Accessories:  Big Shot, Dazzling Diamonds, Scallop Trim Border, Stampin’ Up!® Beautiful Butterflies Embosslits Die, 2 Way Glue Stick
So there is nothing really special in terms of technique on this card.  I cut a variety of butterflies in a variety of colors using different DSP papers, adding a touch of Dazzling Diamonds to a few of the butterflies.  For my stamped images, I started with the lightest color and then finished with the darkest color.  I varied the heights of my flowers as they would appear in nature and then layered my image on some of my designer series papers.  I also layered DSP onto my Lavendar Lace border to the left of the card.  I added the butterflies last using my adhesive only on the center part to give more dimension.

God Bless and Happy Stampin'!
Charity

1 comment:

  1. As the friend who received the card - it did indeed cheer me up. In fact the card is still sitting on my desk and I smile every time I look at it. Pink and purple are two of my very favorite colors, they are like hugs to me. Thank you Charity. Diana

    ReplyDelete