Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

The More the Merrier - Part II



As I mentioned in my last post, I'm having lots of fun with this stamp set. Host a show in July and you can have this stamp set in your collection!

The first card is one I made for my dear and wonderful friend, Shawna. She just celebrated another birthday and I wanted to make her a wonderful card. As with the previous cards featuring this stamp set, I colored the images using my watercolor pencils. On the inside, I repeated one of the birds by coloring only one of the birds with a marker and then stamping the image. I also embellished this card with some Real Red grosgrain ribbon.

The next card is a Halloween card. All the images in the stamp set are in a row like the birds. For this Halloween card, I stamped the row of pumpkins two times and then colored them using the watercolor pencils. Once everything was colored, I cut all the pumpkins out and then stacked them in a pyramid. I topped the card off with some Pumpkin Pie striped grosgrain ribbon.

I know it is hard to think about winter themed cards in July, especially after the chilly winter those of us in the Seattle area are trying to forget. But, since The More the Merrier set includes some cute snowmen, I thought I'd make a card featuring these snowmen. As with the other cards, I used my watercolor pencils to color the snowmen. I also masked off the snowmen and sponged some Brilliant Blue in the background. I'm not sure you can tell in the photo, but I added some Dazzling Diamonds along the ground and in the sky. It's far better in person.
The snowflakes along the side of the card are from the Season of Friendship stamp set. This is another fun set that was formerly in the 2008 Holiday Mini which is now in the Idea Book and Catalog.
I hope you've enjoyed all this set has to offer. Again, you can earn this set by hosting a qualifying show. Don't want to clean your house for a show? Consider a catalog show. Merely pass the catalog around to a few friends and you can earn hostess benefits. Even personal orders totalling the necessary show minimum are eligible for hostess benefits.
God Bless and Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment