Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Animal Stories Birthday

So far, I'm keeping up with the blog while having fun at vacation bible school. Now to also find the time to create some new cards. I owe my sister-in-law a get well card while she recovers from surgery, our neighbor's little boy turned one over the weekend and Tim and I will celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary this weekend. Busy, busy!

Before I get to work on some new creations, let me finish up the creations from a couple of weeks ago. This card uses lots of new products from the current 2009-2010 Idea Book & Catalog. Here is the recipe:


Stamp Sets:
  • Animal Stories (Item #116716)
  • The More the Merrier (Level 3 Hostess Set)
  • Teeny Tiny Wishes (Item #115370)
  • Full of Life (Item #111500)
Card Stock:
  • Whisper White (Item #100730)
  • Melon Mambo (Item #115320)
  • Bermuda Bay (Item #115317)
Ink:
  • Melon Mambo (Item #115656)
  • Rich Razzleberry (Item #115658)
Accessories:
  • Watercolor Pencils (Item #101879)
  • Stampin' Dimensionals (Item #104430)
  • Snail Adhesive (Item #104332)
For this card, I decided to color the cupcakes with the Watercolor Pencils and then cut them out and selected three of the cupcakes to be carried by the elephants on their trunks. I used Stampin' Dimensionals to lift the cupcakes off the page. On the inside, I used the birthday sentiment from Full of Life along with another elephant stamped in the Rich Razzleberry.

This card is certainly appropriate for a child's birthday. Next, I need to design a card using the elephant that is appropriate for an adult since my mom likes elephants. I have some time to work on it since her birthday is in October.

I hope you enjoy this card and stamp set. I'll have more cards featuring this set in the future.

God Bless & Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment