Sale-A-Bration

Sale-A-Bration is here! For every $50 you spend, you get your choice of free products from Stampin' Up! Stamps, paper, accessories, and digital content are available. You don't want to miss your chance to earn some fabulous product.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Flower for All Seasons

My apologies for the delay between now and my last post. I've spent the last week volunteering at our local soccer camp that our daughters attend in the summer. I had a great week working with the kids and I even learned a few things myself. For those of you who live near the Bothell/Everett area, the camp is affiliated with our sports league- Northwest Christian Sports League. This is a great league focused on Christian values and they offer soccer, basketball and baseball/softball/t-ball. Our three daughters are all playing soccer in the fall as will my niece. When our son is old enough, he will also play for this league. If you have kids in sports and are looking for a well rounded league with reasonable rates, please check them out.

I hope to get a few more projects and cards posted this week. However, no promises as this week I'm helping with Vacation Bible School at our church in Bellevue. We are doing a science lab theme and I get to play the wild and wacky Professor Wilma. I have a trusty side kick, Professor Harold. So far, after day one, we are having a great time.


Now on to a card, since that is what you are all here for. :0) This card features The Flower for All Seasons Stamp Set. I have to admit, I mostly got this card because of the cute stamp with the frog. I'm a sucker for stamps with frogs! I stamped each of the four images onto a separate square of Very Vanilla card stock and then colored the images with my watercolor pencils. I adhered to a piece of Crushed Curry Card stock and then attached to the front of my card made of Soft Suede. I added the sentiment from Season of Friendship, stamped with the Soft Suede onto the Very Vanilla and adhered to the Crushed Curry.



On the inside of the card, I used the Modern Word Window punch to make an opening in the Very Vanilla Card Stock. I then stamped "friend to friend" from the new Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set onto a small piece of crushed curry card stock and centered it in the open window. This leaves plenty of space on the inside for a note from the sender while still allowing for something on the inside of the card.

The new In Colors are slowly helping get over my grief at loosing the former ones, particularly Baja Breeze. It looks like the only therapy I'll need to get over this loss is Stampin' therapy. :0)


God Bless and Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment